Our Patients Are Our Top Priority.
At Alabama Oncology, we understand that patients have a choice on where they receive treatment. We also understand that the treatment environment is a critical factor in their decision. Our highly specialized, experienced medical oncologists and staff, strive to deliver care and offer personalized treatment plans in a warm, nurturing environment.
Why Choose Alabama Oncology?
Below are some examples of the personalized attention patients receive when they visit Alabama Oncology:
- Alabama Oncology is the largest community-based Hematology and Medical Oncology practice in the state with ten clinics throughout central Alabama.
- Our clinics are strategically located in high-populated areas of central Alabama, with a strong presence in Birmingham’s major hospitals so patients can receive treatment close to home.
- Alabama Gynecological Oncology, a division of Alabama Oncology, serves women with gynecologic cancers and complex gynecologic problems at our clinics at Brookwood Medical Center and St. Vincent’s Birmingham Hospital.
- Alabama Oncology offers Surgical Oncology services as part of its comprehensive team approach to cancer care.
- All Alabama Oncology clinics have treatment facilities to administer chemotherapy and other drug therapies.
- Alabama Oncology participates in a wide variety of clinical trials. We have a robust team of clinical trial research coordinators who help our patients and physicians access cutting edge science.
- Because we are community-based provider of cancer care services, our focus is on patient care only. Our physicians’ time is not split between research and teaching.
- The Alabama Oncology team is able to devote individualized one-on-one time with each patient educating them about their condition, walking them through their treatment plan and connecting patients to support groups.
- Alabama Oncology has a dedicated staff of patient financial counselors. Our financial counselors are on hand to help our patients find all available resources to ensure timely treatment.